Privacy of your Personal Information
Collection, Use and Disclosure
We may collect your personal information directly from you or when you deal with us by telephone, letter, or email, when you access and interact with our website or from other sources. The information we collect may include your name, address, telephone number, and email address. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to contact with you or provide you with the information you may require.
If you visit our website, we may record information about your visit including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access and the information downloaded by you. While the
anonymous statistical data we collect may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data.
Our website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by third parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these third parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us. However, it may include (amongst other things):
- personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us
- personal information you give us when you make a conference booking. This may include your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and credit card details.
- communications between you and us
- transactional information about your use of our products and services
If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “secondary purpose”) other the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “primary purpose”), to the extent required by law, we will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that we would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
Securing your Personal Information
Our employees are responsible for handling your personal information and educated
about the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act. Personal information that we hold on our systems is protected through the use of secure passwords and other security procedures including physical, network and computer security. Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities. We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration.
Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. We ask that you let us know if you believe the information to be otherwise. You may request access to your personal information, provided your request is in writing and you provide us with proof of your identity. Your request will be responded to in a reasonable time.
How Your Personal Information Will Be Used
We collect your personal information so that we can use it for our functions and activities, which include, amongst other things:
- helping LCA to develop a stronger relationship with you
- internal membership management, accounting and finance
- administrative reporting
- protecting you and LCA from fraud
- as part of a LCA campaign
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will be unable to do one or more of the above.
If you also subscribe to our mailing list, we may email to you updates about our products and services. If you do not wish to remain a subscriber to our mailing list or otherwise receive updates on our products and services, you can remove your details from the subscriptions list.
Exchange of Personal Information with Third Parties
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- to any entity to which we are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other government bodies);
- to our professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants)
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
We may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable us to provide our services or products to you. When we obtain personal and other information from third parties whom we are referred to by you, we will assume you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
That enables us to provide more user-friendly services to users of our website than would be possible without using cookies.
Users of our website can permanently disable cookies at any time by adjusting the settings of the used internet browser accordingly. Furthermore, already stored cookies can be deleted at any time via the relevant internet browser or other software programs.
Chief Executive Officer
Leagues Clubs Australia